Using Plugin on nop 2.65

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Hi, I have a nop 2.65 installation I would like to use this plugin on.

Has anybody done some testing on 2.65? If it wouldn't work, where would I start in the source code to get it to work on Nop 2.65? I'll be glad to checkin my changes if i get it to work

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I just downloaded the Source version of the plugin and in the description it seems to have been updated to 2.65, so I assume this should work.

However when I build, i get the following error:

SGEN : error : Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:08 PM

It only works with fixed shipping

Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:34 AM
To: gjn@accessweb.net
Subject: Re: Using Plugin on nop 2.65 [noppaypalexpress:401455]

I just downloaded the Source version of the plugin and in the description it seems to have been updated to 2.65, so I assume this should work.

However when I build, i get the following error:

SGEN : error : Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2742 / Virus Database: 2617/5853 - Release Date: 10/25/12

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:03 PM

In the source code, do you have some idea as to where i should start making changes to get it to work with USPS shipping?

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:19 PM

The only way I got it working (2.5) was to add the PayPal button after the USPS selection. Just pass the total to PP

Would be happy to help finally get this working, the logic is wrong for real time shipper:

Should be

Cart>>>Paypal logon ( get shipping info)>>> return to nop, get USPS rates>>> back to PayPal for total to charge.

Gareth

www.fabfourstore.com

Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:03 PM

In the source code, do you have some idea as to where i should start making changes to get it to work with USPS shipping?

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Right, that makes sense.

That is what i'll do then, just put the paypal button after the rate has been calculated. This is a temporary solution, ideally the flow should be as you say.

-James

Nov 2, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Will to share the old code I have if it helps,

Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:37 PM

Right, that makes sense.

That is what i'll do then, just put the paypal button after the rate has been calculated. This is a temporary solution, ideally the flow should be as you say.

-James

Nov 3, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM

All I did was add the button after the shipping selection:

<div class="checkout-paypal-express">
                        @Html.Action("PaymentInfo", "PaymentPayPalExpress", new { routeName = "Plugin.Payments.PayPalExpress.PaymentInfo" })
                        - or-
                    </div>

And it works great in the sandbox mode, but when I take it to production, at the last step it just redirects back the Nop site's
home screen with no money taken or order placed... Is there something special besides enabling API access on Paypal to get this to work
or am I missing something?

Nov 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Ok, I figured out why:

In production we use USPS calculated shipping, and at the last step when it does the payment it tries to recalculate the shipping, causing an error, because as you said it only works with Fixed shipping... Now I'm assuming there is just something I can disable so that it uses the shipping rate originally provided by the shopping cart.

In our setup, we'll be shipping to the address the user provided in the Nop checkout process, not the paypal address. I think that will make it easier to work with Calculated shipping.